Brand Kenya Board (BKB) is a State Corporation established in March 2008 through legal notice No. 38 of 2008. The establishment of the Board underpins the government’s commitment to put in place an integrated coordinating mechanism for building and enhancing the country’s image, national identity and managing its international reputation as well as rallying citizens together for greater social harmony and cohesiveness.
Mandate and Objectives of the Board
Brand Kenya Board exists to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
Objectives of the Board
The Board’s key objectives include:
- To coordinate initiatives for marketing the country in order to maximize their efficiency
- To create and maintain the Kenya brand to identify and distinguish Kenyan products, services and concepts.
Functions of the Board
The Board’s key functions include:
- Establish a brand for Kenya which positions the country optimally in terms of investment, creditworthiness, tourism and international relations;
- Unite Kenyans and provide them with positive information about the country in order to promote patriotism and national pride;
- Establish an integrated approach within government and private sector towards international marketing of Kenya;
- Build national support for the brand within Kenya with the cooperation of the Government, non-governmental organizations and the private sector;
- Promote local products and services to encourage economic transformation;
- Encourage commitment to quality and innovation among businesses and people;
- Assist different towns and cities in the country to improve their image; and
- Undertake measures aimed at improving the international image of Kenya.
Vision, Mission and Core Values
The Vision is to “Transform Kenya into a competitive global brand”
The Mission of the Board is “To create, harness and sustain a competitive national and global brand for Kenya through coordinated marketing initiatives in order to enhance national pride and grow tourism, trade and investment”.
The following core values will guide the actions of Brand Kenya Board:
- Customer Focus: We will treat our customers with respect and ensure promptness in our service delivery.
- Passion: We will carry out our duties and responsibilities with zeal and devotion.
- Patriotism: We will uphold patriotic ideals of the country.
- Integrity: We will uphold competency, honesty, reliability and responsiveness in discharging our mandate.
- Teamwork: We will embrace team work to enhance commitment and attainment of the institutional goals and objectives.
- Innovation: We value novelty, creativity, improvement and committed to tracking global trends and initiating appropriate responses.